Hello all,
Unfortunately, today's post is a dismal one. For all of you Kojies and HU people, Wendy Shackelford Leonard and Brian are in need of our prayers. Brian has been fighting a brain tumor for the past 10 years. They have recently moved back to NC for chemo at Duke. During his treatments, he contracted bacterial menengitis. They have had a very hard week and has been on a respirator and feeding tube. I believe he is off of the respirator now, but he still has alot to overcome. His tumor is now a stage 3. Please pray for Wendy and Brian. Wendy is so strong - she always has been.
Also, please pray for Sheri and Zach Jacobsen - Zach and Brian have been best friends since middle school.
I'll post his caring bridge site here later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wendy's dad is an elder at our church, and we've been following their story and praying. Thanks for the update!
Keep us posted. Traci
thanks for keeping us informed!
I'm sorry to hear this Lauryn. I'll be checking back to see how he is doing.
That is so heartbreaking. I will put them in my prayers!
Lauryn,
Thanks so much for the update...I tried posting to caringbridge site and after an hour of typing it, I lost everything. I was so tired and frustrated, I just haven't tried to sit down again. Still fighting hard, Brian is very sleepy, but when he wakes up to talk, it is encouraging. The biggest prayer is for the edema or swelling in his brain to subside...he has a drain (ventriculosotomy) that is his "lifeline" right now. the infection causes swelling around the brain and his tumor is only complicating his progress. Please pray for complete and total healing from the meningitis...and the God will direct the path for his next battle...the cancer that he doesn't even know he has. He got sick before we got the results...God is in control, he has never left our side, I pray for a miracle everyday. Thanks for the rally-you are a true Cheerleader!! Love you lots girl, Wendy and Family
Post a Comment