
Well, I am sufficiently behind in blogging several important things from the month of May. I have a video of Price riding his bike for the first time without training wheels, pictures of his school program and graduation, pictures of Drew Livia - my brother's beautiful baby girl, and Mother's Day. I don't know that I will ever catch up! Here is a picture of Drew. She arrived on May 15th weighing 8lbs 10oz. I went to Little Rock to help Tara and Darold over Memorial Day weekend and to see the cute little girl. She is PRECIOUS!! Just absolutely beautiful. Price and Rylee are so excited about Baby Drew. They say their prayers at night and thank God for Baby Drew, Uncle Darold, and Aunt Tara. It is so cute to see them so excited about their new cousin. I'll have to catch up with pics and videos on the other events from May in another post.
Price said the funniest thing this week. He came into my room and said, "Mom, we need to take Rylee back to the Baby Shop because she keeps fighting with me. Let's take her back and get a new baby. This time - let's get one with red hair and a ribbon on top of her head." Rylee's quick response was to take Price back instead. Price said that he was a boy - not a baby and could not be returned! Too cute!
On another note, it has been so fun to watch the 2 of them become friends. They love to play with each other now, and it is so much fun to just sit back and watch them. I'm trying to document the cute things that they are doing so that I won't forget.
We have finished our first full week of summer, and we are gearing up for week 2! We spent the 1st week just relaxing. We went to the park (in the rain) with the Hutchins and spent the end of week in the pool! VBS starts tomorrow for Price at our neighbors' church. I know he will have a blast. We also have swim lessons the next 2 weeks for both Price and Rylee, so we will be busy. But it is more fun that way. Chris and I will be going to a wedding this weekend in Oxford. We are looking forward to having a "date"! We are also taking a mini vacation together for our anniversary. It'll just be a long weekend, but kid free! :)
I have officially started training.... again. I have a friend who I have convinced to run as well. She has never really run before, but I think I do better having someone who I feel like I have to push and who is relying on me! I have to have a partner. Otherwise, it is too easy to rationalize not going. We did 2.5 miles tonight. It feels great!! Traci and Marli, we have really got to get together for a half this year!
I'm going to try to be better about updating! I'm off to catch up on all of you!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you are training again. I ran a PR on Saturday in a 5K. It's been a long time since I ran under a 24, it was great! I can't wait to meet up for a half sometime this year. Traci
Welcome back! I love that story about Price wanting to return Rylee. Too funny! Nothing like a precious new baby. So sweet. I'm not a big time runner, but I always feel better when I do it. Looking forward to catching up with you. Glad you're back blogging!
Happy anniversary to you and Chris! Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend. :-)
Also...it's great that Price is riding his bike without training wheels. What a BIG accomplishment! I'm hoping Ainsley will be doing that by summer's end. :-)
Post a Comment