Well, I can't believe what I just did. I just hugged and kissed my 2 babies and put them in my parents' van and watched them drive away. I have officially allowed my parents to take my children for 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS~!!!!! July 2, I will fly home to get them and fly back with them. I am still shocked that Chris and I let them leave. We went to dinner with friends tonight and have returned to a very quiet house. I don't like it ... at all!! I don't think I know how to exist without 2 sweet little ones to bathe and feed and tuck into bed at night. I miss them so much already it is ridiculous!!!
Okay, so on to what we have been up to. Chris and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. We spent a weekend without the kids this past weekend (we wouldn't have done that if I had known the kids would be leaving!!) We just stayed at the Hilton here. We went to dinner with some friends of ours Friday night. Sat morning we got up and ran a 5k. Chris and I have both been running again, and it is fun to have a hobby that we both enjoy. It was a very hilly course with 2 long hills near the end that like to have killed us both! But we made it and we were both excited to have the first of many behind us! After a quick shower, we decided to go do some shopping and then we ate at Paula Dean's new place. We decided to just go to a movie - we saw The Incredible Hulk. I loved it. The next morning we got up, ran to get some donuts and met his mom at the house to get the kids ready for church. My parents drove over and met us at church that morning. It was nice to spend Father's Day with my daddy. The kids gave both Chris and my dad cards where they had recorded their voices saying "Happy Father's Day - Love Price and Rylee We love you." It was very cute - even though it took me about 80 times to get them to say it at the right time, without the phone ringing in the background, etc... We took the dads out to Texas de Brazil Sunday night for dinner. We were all surprised at how much Price and Rylee ate!!
We enjoyed my parents being here this week. The kids have really loved seeing their MiMi and Papaw. Rylee and Price kept talking about going with them. I haven't decided if mom and dad brainwashed them of it or if they were really just wanting to go. Rylee even said, "If momma misses me, I will not cry." Either way, it is good for them all. They don't get to see each other much since they live a good 20 hours from here. I am sure this will make memories for all of them! If I can get through it!!
I am off to cheer camp Mon - Fri of next week so I will be keeping busy. Then I will be home for just a few days before heading to get the kids. I know I will be very ready to see their sweet little faces. Chris will be bacheloring it here at home ... completely alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a great time! :-)
Post a Comment