This is just a little something that I have been thinking about alot lately, so I thought I would write about it and that is how friendships seem to go with stages of your life. It seems that in every stage of your life, you develop friends that meet your needs at that particular time (HS, College, young married, new parents, etc...) It is odd how someone who you are so close to at 1 point in your life can completely drift off the map when your situation changes. I regretfully admit that I have allowed this to happen with some of my close friends. I have really enjoyed blogging as it has allowed me to reconnect with some HU friends who I think the world of. It seems that college friends have a special bond that even if you haven't spoken in 10 years, you can just pick up where you left off. I just love that!
There is one thing in life that you can never have too many of.... and that is good friends. I'm talking about the kind of friend who never judges, never criticizes, is always there for you whether it is the happiest day of your life or the worst day. The kind of person who will tell you the truth about what your behind looks like in a pair of pants without ruining your self image forever. The kind of person who really does wish you to succeed in all that you do. The kind of friend who supports you when you make difficult decisions, who is there to listen when your heart is breaking or you are worried about your children. The friend who even if she lives hundreds of miles away, you feel like you have been neighbors all of this time. I have been very fortunate to have several good friends in my life at every stage of my life. However, there is one that just always seems to know exactly what the right thing to say is, one who always takes the time to keep in touch, one who wouldn't care if my house was a wreck, or judge me for my thoughts, feelings or beliefs - even if some of them are a little crazy. (And trust me, I know I can be a little out there on a few things!)
So, I just wanted to say a special thank you to Steph - for being there for me through some dark days especially the past 3 years, but really ever since the day that we met in the elevator of the Business Building at HU and became instant friends. For all of those trips to Heber with Ace of Base playing (I know, I know - but it was cool at the time. I promise! Look below and you'll find it in the playlist :)) ), or the spur of the moment bike ride or roller blade outing in college (why is it that I always seemed to get hurt on these outings?) Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent about anything and everything, for comforting me when my world fell apart, for reassuring me when I needed it, and for making me take a girls trip when I needed it most.... Thank you for being a true friend. I just wish we lived closer to each other so that we could watch each others kids grow up! (And I can't wait to find out if your having boy #3 or a girl !!! ) I love ya and miss you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a great post, Lauryn! :-)
Post a Comment